COVID-19: The Patient Journey Explained
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, we have changed the way we operate to ensure the safety of our patients and our team. We have remained open to assist with emergencies during lockdown and with robust safety protocols fully in place we can now offer a wider range of essential eyecare.
We are now open: Monday – Saturday from 08-45 – 17.30
If you are having problems with your spectacles or vision please telephone us for further advice prior to attending as we are currently operating an appointment only policy for all tests, collections and repairs.
01785 21 31 41
If you or your family have any any symptoms in keeping with COVID-19 including a new cough, a raised temperature or change to your senses of taste and smell, please do not attend the practice!
The safety of our patients and team is always our highest priority – this video explains what has changed and what you can expect next time you visit
What we are doing to protect you in the practice
At Webb, Lucas & Stubbs your health has always been our priority and a good cleaning and sanitising routine is essential for our everyday practice. Due to Coronavirus we thought you may like to know what we have been doing to maximise your safety and to try and protect the health of everyone who visits the practice.
- We will strictly manage the number of clients in the practice at any one time, all attendances will by appointment only and testing times have been extended and staggered to enable social distancing to be maintained
- We will frequently sanitise all touch points, door handles and tables
- After a client has been into our consulting rooms, we sanitise all equipment, surfaces and chairs
- All of our staff are screened daily to ensure they are showing no symptoms and are asked to self-isolate for 14 days if they or any of their family show symptoms
- Our reception desk, slit-lamp microscopes and cameras have been fitted with breath shields
- All clients are screened via telephone prior to and then at their visit for any COVID-19 symptoms and ask them not to attend or to leave the practice where necessary. Signage at the front door deters any visitor who poses a risk
- Clients will be asked to wear a facemask or face covering, in cases where they do not have one a mask will be provided
- We have installed additional hand sanitiser units throughout the practice and are asking all clients to use them during their visit as well as when they attend and leave
- All our staff are using hand sanitiser regularly and workstations are regularly disinfected
- Staff are all provided with and will be wearing appropriate PPE
- Staff have been provided with new uniform which can be washed at high temperature and is only to be worn within the practice building
- We are avoiding use of equipment which poses an increased risk of transmitting coronavirus including the air-puff pressure test
- All our spectacle frame displays are monitored so once you have tried on a frame they can be thoroughly sanitised
- Our waiting area has been spread out so that clients can maintain a safe distance from one another. We are also requesting that patients come alone or with a maximum of only one friend/relative if their support is necessary
- We are offering a delivery service for all spectacles and contact lenses to avoid additional visits to the practice. If you require any products and are unable to attend the practice, we can post these out to you. Please contact us by phone
- We are regularly monitoring guidance from the government and our professional bodies and will continually update our procedures in line with the latest scientific advice.