In view of the rapidly progressing situation with regards to Coronavirus, from 23/03/2020 we are postponing routine sight tests but remain open to assist with urgent or emergency eyecare needs only.
The practice will be staffed from 9.30 – 14.30 Mon-Saturday and we are available for emergencies via telephone 8.45-17.30.
We are asking that if you or your family have any symptoms of cough, flu-like symptoms or a raised temperature please do not attend the practice.
If you have any concerns please phone the practice for further advice before attending.
What are we doing to protect you in the practice?
At Webb, Lucas & Stubbs your health has always been our priority and a good cleaning and sanitising routine is essential for our everyday practice. Due to Coronavirus we thought you may like to know what we have been doing to maximise your safety and to try and protect the health of everyone who visits the practice.
- We will frequently sanitise all touch points, door handles and tables
- After a client has been into our consulting rooms, we sanitise all equipment and chairs, tables, etc
- All of our staff are screened daily to ensure they are showing no symptoms and are asked to self-isolate for 14 days if they or any of their family show symptoms
- For the last few weeks we have been screening all clients via telephone prior to and then at their visit for any symptoms and travel history and ask them not to attend or to leave the practice where necessary. Signage at the front door deters any visitor who poses a risk.
- Our crockery for refreshments is washed in our dishwasher on a hygiene programme which will kill viruses
- All our staff are using hand sanitiser regularly
- We have installed additional hand sanitiser units throughout the practice and are asking all clients to use them during their visit as well as when they attend and leave
- We are avoiding use of equipment which poses an increased risk of transmitting coronavirus
- All our spectacle frame displays are monitored so when you try on a frame, we can put them to one side so they can be sanitised.
- Our waiting area has been expanded and spread out so that clients can maintain a safe distance from one another. We are also requesting that patients come alone or with a maximum of only one friend/relative if their support is necessary.
- We are offering a delivery service for all spectacles and contact lenses to avoid additional visits to the practice. If you require any products and are unable to attend the practice, we can post these out to you. Please contact us by phone
- We have commencing a new rota system to introduce set teams and avoid unnecessary mixing within the staff group
- We are regularly monitoring guidance from the government and our professional bodies and will continually update our procedures in line with the latest scientific advice.
Please consider the elderly and vulnerable, and follow PHE guidance for your general activities too.